Thursday, August 13, 2009

Homecoming and Other Lovely Things

The first weekend in this month our church celebrated our annual homecoming!

Are you wondering why we are dressed this way?

That's because we have a tradition of dressing "Old Fashioned"...I think it's pretty great! I always liked dressing up when I was a little girl. I guess that "little girl" is still in me! ;)

I made Kamryn and my outfits (minus the bonnet and my shirt). I think it all turned out great!

Here is Kamryn with her little buddy Chase. Aren't they the cutest?

I just LOVE her little prairie dress....Isn't it great?!

Last weekend I told some of my MySpace customers/friends that I was working on a t-shirt pillowcase dress well Saturday I finished it. It didn't turn out as great as I would have hoped but it's still cute...Jerry and I both agreed it needed to go in the dress up box though! ;) I think we both figured out that I cut the t-shirt too short so the fabric and the jersey fabric weren't "hanging" right. I did a little thinking and put ribbon on it. Well, that didn't help either! ;) THEN, I tried putting elastic on the waist and that helped a little but off the little girl it looks HORRIBLE! I could NEVER sell anything like that in good conscience! ;) I'm going to think on it some more and do a little more working/perfecting the magic that I know can be a t-shirt pillowcase dress! ;)

Kamryn LOVES it though!! Don't you just love the Razorback fabric? It's cute to hear Kam doing the "WHOOOoooooo Pig Sooiee!"

See how it puckers in the chest area...I don't like it...am I picky? Probably!!


I LOVE the black/white polka dot "K"!! What do you think? PLEASE comment so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself here! ;)
This Sunday night we canceled our services and Kamryn wanted me to play in her room with her. Which was a little strange for her because she usually plays so well by herself...and prefers it that way...?
Anyway, we had a GREAT time playing with all of her farm animals (mostly horses) that we get every time we go into Atwoods!
After supper she wanted to put her ballerina outfit on (can you tell my little girl is very diverse?! Give her a horse, Star Wars Light Saber, dollie or ballerina outfit and she's good to go!). This was her Halloween costume from last year so it was a little "snug" but she didn't care!
This is her "pose".
I think we need a ballerina bar...don't you?
This picture CRACKED me up...Janie trying to get some attention...she looks disgusted! ;)


Wow! Can you believe it, two blogs in two days! I'm on a role!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment