Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A year ago...and Spring cleaning

Yesterday as I was starting on my "Spring Cleaning" I had plans to get on here and share with you how sad we were all this past weekend but I couldn't find a stopping point. Do you know what I mean? This past weekend a year ago we were in Florida!!
Jerry and I kept saying this weekend, "You know where we were this time last year?". It was so terribly sad thinking back to the wonderful time we had in Florida! It was a MUCH needed vacation and I am SO glad we had a chance to go!! Especially finding out later in the year that Nathan (Jerry's brother) and Julie are going to be moving closer to Arkansas!! YAY!!! They had lived in Florida for 3 years before we had the chance to go visit them!!!
We had decided to drive (I believe it was a 16 hour drive - not including stops...) to Florida. We were going to leave EARLY on Friday morning. But God had other plans - the weather forecast was for SNOW all Thursday night!!! My Mom-in-law was going with us and had already come over to stay the night so when Jerry called us to say we were going THAT NIGHT Debbie and I were running around the house trying to get the rest of our stuff packed up! (I'm a last minute packer of sorts...you never know what will change with your plans...I guess that's a good reason to get it done earlier too)
Anyway, we managed to get everything together and finally decided (for sure-Jerry was back and forth on the issue) to leave that night and see how far we could get out of Arkansas. We managed to get all the way to Ruston, LA. We rented a room and stayed there for the night! Kamryn got her first experience with a shower by herself (don't ask me what I was thinking...) She SCREAMED so loud I decided to jump in there with her so she would have some kind of security because the child HAD to have a cleaning!! I have never heard of a hotel room NOT having a bath - just a shower - we didn't know that we were suppose to ask for a bath!!
The snow ended up being a blessing in disguise because we were able to drive ALL the way to Nathan and Julie's house in Melbourne, FL that Friday!!!
Our lovely neighbors that watch our house for us when we are gone took some really great pictures of the snow but I looked ALL over the house for that CD and could NOT find it!! UGH!!! I had a great idea to show you a before/after (or a "what was happening at our house when we were in sunny Florida"!!!) kind of deal but alas, that is not possible!!!

This lovely little notebook kept the irritation of being in a car seat for 16 hours to a minimum!! (LIFESAVER!!!!!) I just love the sunglasses!!! And I just HATE that paci in her mouth!!! (We ended up getting rid of that later in the summer!!!! (Thankfully!! I had visions of her going to Kindergarten with it!!!)
That Sunday we went to the beach - Kamryn's first time and it was COLD!!!! She and I got slammed by a wave which made our trip much too short!!!



That Monday our little family went to DisneyWorld which was just an hour drive from Nathan and Julie's house. This is Kamryn and I on the ferry boat to go to Magic Kingdom. A rare shot of me looking fairly good but of course Kam's not looking at the Kamryn and that darn paci is in her mouth!!!


CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!!!!!!!!
This picture is SO sad to look at...I wish we were there now!!!



Our lovely little family with Mickey Mouse!!! I LOVE that Kamryn is holding his hand!!!


I wish Kamryn was looking at the camera in this one...we used this for her birthday invitations.


She is smiling here but she was really afraid of Pluto. That night we believe she had a nightmare about the darn dog!! She woke up crying (rare thing for her) but she was able to go back to sleep!


We spent most of the time in line because we didn't understand the whole "fast pass" thing...the next day when Jerry and I went back by ourselves it really helped!! I would strongly suggest you take part in this wonderful thing if you ever get the chance to go to DisneyWorld - it's included in your ticket into the park!". But don't worry Kamryn had a great time in line people watching...she is so like me it's scary!!!


Sad but true, good things usually do come to an end.
On the trolley back to our car...she looks so tired and sad to leave!!!


In the car back to Melbourne :(
Eating a little snack - yes, Jerry was a sucker and bought her a balloon - which came all the way back with us (in the car) to Arkansas!! LOVELY!!!!



She also, got a Pooh Bear...she's not at all spoiled on this trip!!! ;)

We had to call MaMaw (my Mom) to tell her where we had been!!




The second day Jerry and I went back - Epcot and Hollywood studios this time while MeMe and Kamryn stayed back with Julie and the girls - she didn't miss out on the fun!!!


Me about to go on the "tower of terror" - lovely picture!



Jerry acting silly too...



I LOVE this ride!!!!

Emma and Kamryn playing that evening - I can't believe how much a kid can grow in a year!!

The girls playing with MeMe in the front yard!!

Epcot Center


The pictures are out of order but I don't feel like messing with them anymore...
Jerry and I went to a "drive-in Sci-Fi" restaurant - I can't remember the name of it...but it was really fun! Our waiter was insane but nice enough to take a picture of us!!!


Mexico in Epcot...
I weigh ten pounds lighter now!! YIPPEE (I just had to throw that in there! HA!!)

Modeling Mickey ears!



The Mickey Ears we bought Kamryn - look at the camera Kamryn!!!



Well, it was fun reminiscing with you, although I'm just a little more sad that I am not in Florida!!! There are loads more pictures that I could have shared but I don't have the time to load them...just believe me - it was a GREAT time!! We will make it back sometime but right now, we'll just look at the pictures and reminisce!!
Yesterday I was able to get the living room, hall and my sewing room carpets shampooed/steam cleaned!! YAY! They look great although I'm sure they could use some more cleaning!!!! I think I had 5 or 6 buckets of black sludge every time I emptied it! (Gross I know!!) But I guess that's what happens after a long winter and you haven't steamed cleaned the floor all that time!!!
Kamryn was in a HORRIBLE mood yesterday and finally agreed to a nap after I agreed to lie down with her (I think I slept for 30 minutes yay!) but I found out why I stopped letting her take naps - she didn't go to sleep until 10:30 and that was after Jerry told me to put her in our bed!!! I truly hate doing that! I was once told, "Don't start something you don't want to make a habit out of it..." Good advice!
Well, I guess I need to get something done so we can go outside and play. It's still nice out and we are suppose to be getting a cold front here tonight - better get out while I can! But I'm sure we'll come in pretty quickly - this pollen is kicking our butt's!!!! Even the dog has an allergy to the pollen! (That's always great, an English Bulldog with allergies!)
I hope you have a great day!!! If I get a chance I want to get back on here and show you the last dress I made...it is SO cute!!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment