Thursday, March 5, 2009

Starting off...

Our most recent "Family picture" - this was taken on our after Christmas trip to Branson @ Silver Dollar City on the train...taken from my iPhone (31st birthday present from my lovely husband - he felt sorry for me - 31 was a hard one for me!!!)



Same day...Kam & me...

same day - waiting for the train - Kam and her daddy!


this was taken (obviously in the car) after she picked out her Christmas present with the money from her Great-Grandma Liz (Bill's mom) from San Antonio. Kamryn LOVES her farm animals from Atwood's!!



Kamryn and Lady Jane Grey (the 9 day queen of England) "Janie" she looks mean here but I was squatting down taking this picture and she thought it was playtime!! This is Kamryn's first time wearing her ballerina outfit from Aunt Angie!! She LOVES it - wears it ALL the time!!!




After church one day - wearing one of my pillowcase dresses (long sleeve t-shirt underneath)





First off, I have to share something funny that happened this morning. (Just an example of how funny our little girl is -- SO funny and SO Kamryn!!)
I scoop out our, scratch that, Jerry's English bulldog Janie...isn't she beautiful - insert sarcasm...seen below @ Christmas (beautiful Christmas tree in the background we don't keep it up year round! HA!) I digress....back to the story...


I scoop out Janie's dog food in the morning, hand it off to Kamryn to then hand or rather place on the floor for the dog to eat. (Chain of command: Mommy, Kamryn and THEN Janie - trying to teach Kamryn responsibility and Janie that she is a DOG in fact and Kamryn is WAY more important than she is! HA!!) SO, I do this and tell Kamryn, "Thank you!" (trying to teach her manners - yes, they are STILL important people!!!) to which I receive the reply, "Just doing my job! You're welcome!". WHAT!!!! did my 2 1/2 (3 in May) year old girl just say that! The girl cracks me up!!!

SO.....here I am, starting a blog for goodness sakes! Can you believe it?! I sure can't! I thought, "everyone else is doing it, why not me?!"

I will never begin to tell you I am a "profound" writer. I just thought this would be a good way to journal my thoughts while I still have them! I used to be oh, SO good at remembering things but on May 23, 2006 when I gave birth to little Miss Diva a.k.a. Kamryn Grace Holland, slowly my brain cells have diminished significantly!!! I thought I would be the kind-of mother that had it "all together" but no ma'am, not even close!!! Her baby book is hardly even written in! GASP! Yes, It is true...I am a failure! HA!

To catch everyone up on my life so far: I married Jerry Holland on April 27, 2002. Can you hardly believe we have been married for SEVEN years!! Crazy!! He is a Southern Baptist Pastor of a wonderful church in little bitty Pine Grove, Arkansas. We have been here for six years (in February) and couldn't be happier with the spiritual growth we are experiencing here! God is SO great and I just stand back and watch the amazing things he is doing in my life!
Back in the fall of 2008 I started a little "boutique" where I make mainly pillowcase dresses (three variations, the standard, the sundress style and the peasant dress style), named "Lovely Little Flowers". (also the name of my blog) {little side note: I just want to "vent" some MAN of all things had already taken the URL of lovelylittleflowers.blogspot so I had to make mine lovelylittleflowers212.blogspot - can't believe it! HA}.
Here are some examples:

My FAVORITE and the most recent:

The Peasant style (this was made from an actual "vintage" pillowcase!)


The sundress style - I like this style too - real sweet for summer!! But I believe (without the ruffle detail, your girl could put a long sleeve t-shirt under it for fall...still as versatile as the "original" pillowcase dress...)


AND...the "ORIGINAL" pillowcase style!! The below picture was for one of my close friend's (Meagan-Marie - from CCA high school) daughter, Ryne. I LOVE this valentine dress!!! - to see it on Ry-Ry click HERE


Another one I made for Ryne - looks like she is the only one I make dresses for - HA!!
Click HERE to see Ryne rocking in out!!!


Why, Lovely Little Flowers you ask?

Song of Solomon 2:12 "The flowers appear on the earth; The time of the singing of birds is come, And the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land."

My "theme" verse for my business...The reason I picked Song of Solomon 2:12?

My husband and I love all the romantic scriptures in the whole book of Song of Solomon but this one is special to us because we used it in our wedding invitations 7 years ago...the whole reason I have a beautiful daughter and the reason I started this whole roller coaster called pillowcase dresses!!! LOL!!!

Anyway, that kind-of catches you up on my life, here I am, take me or leave me...if you want me to update you on any new blogs send me an email and I'll let you know!

Oh, I guess I probably could have done a little better on my "first" blog but for goodness sakes there is a LOT to do around here...it's going to be 80 degrees here today we need to get outside and play and maybe a little photoshoot with the new dresses and shirt I made Kamryn!! I just thought I would get this "first" one out of the way!!!


Take care!!























1 comment:

  1. Yay! You have joined the blog world! I love both of your "new" dresses! I definitely want you to make a sundress one for Ryne for this summer!

    ReplyDelete