Saturday, March 14, 2009

A dress for Katie Rae

I have gone back and forth on this but I finally decided I would go ahead and post it...Jerry, Kamryn and Janie have fallen asleep on the couch watching the Science Channel (that-a girl!) so I have the time! Janie is actually asleep beside me on the love seat - Kam fell asleep on top of Jerry - it's quite funny!! EVERYONE is snoring!! HA!!

So, back in December I had a customer who wanted to do a "trade of service" instead of paying with money. She makes really cute bows so of course I agreed!! To see her work click here. She makes hair bands but they really don't work with Kamryn now that she has hair. She had a really cute black and white one and I automatically thought of our friends and one of our deacons Gregory & Jordan's unborn baby girl, Katie Rae. I included this one in the "trade". I thought I could make a really cute dress to go with it and I could give it to her in lieu of flowers when she has baby girl!! Well, Jordan is going in tomorrow to have a scheduled c-section and I had to get to it!!! Yesterday I finished it and thought I would share the pictures with you...hopefully Jordan is NOT reading this yet!!

It turned out REALLY cute...I LOVE the long sleeves! It's 100% cotton so she'll be able to wear in the Spring and then in the fall she'll be able to wear it as a shirt with a cute pair of jeans!!! I LOVE the black and white print - I'm thinking about going back to Hobby Lobby and getting some more fabric for myself a skirt!! CUTE!!

SOOooooo, without further adieu here it is:

(The camera was a little lopsided - not the dress...)

Yes, I know, it's a little creepy having a doll modeling for me but I don't have a newborn model (yet...ahem Katie Rae....)



I hope you like it - I sure do!!!!


Have a great weekend!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment