Friday, July 24, 2009

Thank you cards, old fashioned?

I was reminded today of one of my favorite things as I went to the mailbox today, a proper thank you card. You know the kind of thank you card when you KNOW the person is grateful. The kind of thank you card when you know they took a couple of minutes out of their busy day to stop to THANK you!
I get so tired of receiving the generic thanks, i.e. thank you for the "fill in the blank" I know we will get great use out the "fill in the blank". thank you again, generic person.
My sister, who has a newborn and a five year old took the time to thank me. If she can do it, the next time someone does something nice for you, please stop to properly thank them. Express your thanks...with WORDS...
In this world of e-mails and text messages get a pen and paper out and write!

No comments:

Post a Comment